Balancing Food And Exercise For A Healthy Weight And Digestion
Struggling to get into your old jeans? It is time to change and embrace a healthy lifestyle. It is all about balancing your health with the right diet and exercise. When optimum balance is set in your body, a healthy body can be achieved. Striking the right chord to maintain a healthy balance can even help in boosting digestion and overall health. Losing weight is not easy. You have to limit and control your food and eating habits and learn how you burn calories the right way. You can step into the healthy mode of eating and lose some inches in a couple of weeks.
A word of caution for the "Healthy Fad Diet"
All this seems easy when you just have to control your diet and portions of meals. The "Healthy Fad Diet" which helps in maintaining the calories can cause you to lose health as well.
Here are some long term effects which may occur if you end into calorie deficit diet:
- Gastric issues
- Sagging dull skin
- Chipped nails
- Weakness, fatigue, and tiredness
- Prone to infections and disease
Therefore, eating nutrition dense, not calorie dense food can help you not only to lose weight but also to stay healthy.
Time to give a SECOND THOUGHT: Strike the balance
Weight loss must be achieved in the right manner. It's not just about eating but also about exercising!!! Very true, The 80-20 rule talks all about this
- 20 % =exercise
- 80 %= nutrition.
Most of us take it the other way round resulting in a focus of 20 % on nutrition and 80 % on exercise. It is important to understand how 80 % of nutrition plays an important role in fitness. Both nutrition and fitness complement each other. This means without exercising, you will not end up burning calories and without nutrition, you will not be able to get the desired energy.
Understanding the healthy balance with 80-20 rule
The 80-20 rule is backed up by science and evidence has supported it to maintain healthy weight loss goals. 80 % nutrition does not mean eating food all the time. 80 % nutrition means healthy eating in controlled portions. 80% nutrition denotes a food plate which is a perfect blend of carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins, and minerals. The perfect power-packed food plate which comprises of the following :
- Macronutrients: Proteins, Carbohydrates, and Healthy Fats
- Micronutrients: Vitamins and Minerals
Exercising is a very important factor to lose weight
Though exercising comprises just 20 %, it is an important factor for healthy weight loss. After having that perfect blend of diet, it is important to burn those calories for great fitness levels and healthy weight loss. Exercising for at least 30 minutes every day too can be effective in weight loss. Interval training is a great way to lose weight. Walking, jogging, cycling are also good options. Try and incorporate some weight training to build muscle mass.
If you are a weight loss fanatic, by now you will understand the Calorie-In-Calorie -Out strategy which is important for healthy weight loss. Burning calories is very important to speed up the process of weight loss.
Lose right: Prevent muscle loss
When practising a diet or a routine set of exercises, one must be careful about preserving healthy muscle. A high protein diet can help preserve the lean body and muscle mass during weight loss. Along with this, endurance training and resistance exercises are also important.
Benefits of Exercise
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Prevents muscle loss, builds muscles
- Promotes good quality of sleep
- Improves stamina
- Improves brain power and cognition
- Improves mood
- Reduces stress
- Boosts the "feel-good hormones"
- Improves self-confidence
- Keeps the fitness levels high
- Sharpen memory
- Increase relaxation
- Boost productivity at work
Strike the balance with Calorie-In-Calorie -Out strategy of healthy diet and exercise and you will never fail in terms of maintaining a healthy weight.
Did you like our Article?
- Institute of Medicine (US) Subcommittee on Military Weight Management. Weight Management: State of the Science and Opportunities for Military Programs. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2004. 4, Weight-Loss and Maintenance Strategies. Available from:NIH
- Maintain a Healthy Weight Available at NIH Accessed on 6 July 2021
- What Experts Recommend for Healthy Eating Available at Taking Charge Accessed on 6 July 2021
- Losing Weight | Healthy Weight, Nutrition, and Physical Activity Available at CDC Accessed on 6 July 2021
- Physical Activity for a Healthy Weight | Healthy Weight, Nutrition, and Physical Activity Available at CDC Accessed on 6 July 2021
- Body Mass Index: Obesity, BMI, and Health: A Critical Review : Nutrition Today Available at Journals Accessed on 6 July 2021
- Study reveals ideal weight for staying healthy Available at Sciencenorway Accessed on 6 July 2021